expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 7 October 2013

Upcycled Pannier bags

I am not sure if I mentioned I have recently purchased a beautiful town bike (see below).  I absolutely love it and am fully in the throws of customising it a la Amsterdam style.  I brought some cheapish double pannier bags for the back....practical, but just not very pretty.  Cue 'Tutorial for Upcycled Panniers'.  Now I used a vintage 1960's apron I had acquired, but you can use any fabric you have to hand....a tea towel, pillow case anything that is big enough.  The fabric is essentially appliquéd onto the original waterproof fabric, so, although if you do not use waterproof fabric the items inside the bag will still be protected.  I also added some vintage buttons for a bit of detailing, but you can add whatever you like!  Be creative and let me know how you got on.




No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...